Sunday, January 29, 2012

Five months later

Update:
Yes I know that it has been way to long since i posted an update to this blog. A lot has happened since the last post. For instance my first challenge was a complete success.

I ended my challenge losing 39.8 pounds, and losing 12.25" s from my body. 4.75" s off of my belly alone.  My goals for my first challenge started out as losing 35#'s. They ended up evolving into running two five k races, and plans that include a tough mudder event next spring.
The first five k run i did in 42:50, and the second i did in 39:21 with a month in between them. These were the first and second five k runs i have ever participated in.





































So then over the month of December I slacked off a bit on the diet. I ate cookies and candies and all the holiday goodies at the family gatherings and over new years. I was going to the gym around 5 times a week and working with a trainer, so I did gain a lot of endurance and muscle. I gained about 6 pounds in December. :/  
My 1 mile elliptical time dropped below ten minutes, my 5k elliptical time dropped below 29 minutes. I started use of a stair master which the first time i used it only lasted 90 seconds. In December i moved that time up to 25 minutes.

In January I rekindled my daily efforts to staying on track with my food choices and quantities. As of today i lost 17 pounds with two days left in January. I use the stair master regularly now and can do 30 minutes or more at a higher setting. Today i did 30 minutes at level 8 (3.5 floors / min).




My measurements:
date         chest        waist          hips        weight
8/26/11         54            57         53.5        354.4
11/23/11     49.75         52.25         50.25       314.6
1/28/12      49.75        51.5/47        49.75       302 

I decided to take the waist measurement in two places. The original and first position in the most recent measurement is at the navel. I place a "/" then the next number is at the belt line. The hip measurement is at the widest part next down from the belt line about 6 or so inches.
















































































No comments:

Post a Comment